Technical Area: R programming (coding on RStudio) and reading research papers.
Tools: RStudio, R, Trello
Time management: Meeting deadlines for tasks and managing my other extracurricular activities i.e. mentoring. Teamwork: Communicating with other team members regarding any doubts and working with others to complete assigned tasks. Presentation Skills: Participating in journal club meetings. Communicating what I understood about the research paper to other team members. Learning more about different presentation skills.
- Downloaded RStudio successfully
- Read through the resources provided to understand more about R
- Learned about new tools in Bioinformatics in addition to ones I already know such as STRING
Tasks and Hurdles
- Though I installed the packages I got a warning about installing the appropriate R tools. Looking further into this.
- Reading through some of the resources was a little challenging due to the jargon but viewing the presentations helped ease the difficulty.
- Have to read through additional resources to have a better understanding of the overall module.