Overview of things learned:
Installed Discourse and got familiar with concepts like discourse theme development and Plugin Development.
Learned to use Discourse theme CLI and Discourse Theme Creator.
Tools and S/W used: GitHub, Asana, Discourse Theme CLI, Trello, Google Suite.
Soft skills: Organized Meetings and kept track of intern progress. Assigned biweekly tasks to interns helped in clearing their doubts and troubleshooting the difficulties they faced in setting up GitHub and Discourse.
Developed a Discourse theme for the STEM-Away website by modifying an existing Fakebook theme.
Lead a team of 12 Full Stack interns and performed leadership tasks like giving them weekly objectives, managing their progress, and maintaining the GitHub repository.
Added new features like icons and responsiveness elements in the new theme that are not present in the current STEM-Away website.
Meetings Held and Tasks Completed
- Familiarising interns with project management tool Asana and Discourse forum.
- Regular Pathway leads meeting to synchronize progress and assist the other team.
- Industry mentor meeting to discuss how to move forward and Milestones that can be covered
- Ruby Task, assignment and using Asana
- Shifting to Trello and GitHub mini-tasks
- Brainstorming discourse theme ideas
- Cloning Fakebook theme and start basic development
- Dividing team into 3 subgroups and assigning them specific tasks.
- Weekly Pathway leads checkup
- Code integration on GitHub
- Testing and Debugging
- Preparing for Presentation
Goals for the next week:
- Wrap up code integration and Presentation and prepare and give the presentation.