Week: 08/04/2020 Update 09/09/20
Overview of Things Learned:
- Sparse Gaussian processes (GP) framework - a supervised classification model
- Active Learning - human in the loop
- Scrum Workflow
- Building user interface using Streamlit
- Google Colab
- Jupyter Notebook
- Perform background research
- Brainstorm(e.g. for project ideas, potential solutions, team bonding events)
- Take clear and concise meeting notes
- Researched on tagging recommendation algorithms, and found the MMSG, which is Multi-label Multi-class Sparse Gaussian Process Classification. Also did research on what classifier works the best for a different amount of data and condition.
- Implemented a web scraper that scrapes posts of the first 5 tags on Stack Exchange.
- Implemented the very basic manual tagger that takes in a topic title and looks up the corrected tags in the scrapped data.
- Organized meetings, project parties, and posted movie guessing games for team bonding.
- Build user interface to incorporate into the active learning loop using Streamlit.
- Everyone of them
Goals for the Upcoming Week
- Start on building the user interface for the annual tagger
- Incorporate a way to record the low confidence posts in the loop(maybe save it into a csv file)
- Be more active and communicate with the team more.
- Decided on project pipeline -> Active Learning
- Researched on what algorithm would be best for our situation
- Implemented a simple web scraper and the very basic of manual tagger