Nappa - Full Stack Pathway

• Things I’ve Learned
    • Technical Area - Basic linux command line, Ruby syntax, git branching
    • Tools - WSL, Asana, Discourse, github
    • Soft Skills - Keeping in track with team progress and meetings through active communication.
  • Three Achievement Highlights
    • Learned to use Windows Subsystem and installed Discourse Server
    • Learned basic git commands and Ruby syntax to complete the Ruby gradebook mini-task.
    • Started a free online course on full-stack to self-study on the side.
  • Meetings Attended
    • Meeting with industry mentor
    • 3x meetings a week
  • Goals for the Upcoming Week
    • Become familiar with HTML and CSS and start learning to use web frameworks.
    • Go through the Discourse theme development guide.
  • Detailed Statement of Tasks Done
    • Newest stable release of Ubuntu has been installed in my Windows Subsystem and Discourse along with its required packages have successfully been installed.
    • After learning syntax used in Ruby some object-oriented programming was practiced in the Ruby gradebook mini-task
  • Things I’ve Learned
    • Technical Area - Discourse Codebase, Javascript
    • Tools - Trello, VS Code
    • Soft Skills - Communicating with team on Trello.
  • Three Achievement Highlights
    • Learned to access and use some of Discourse plugin API, although it is still very much in progress.
    • Learned more git commands to explore/browse the codebase with greater efficiency.
    • Refreshed on basic Javascript syntax.
  • Meetings Attended
    • Meeting with industry mentor
    • 3x meetings a week
  • Goals for the Upcoming Week
    • Get a better grasp of how to use plugin APIs and how Discourse works in general.
    • Ask industry mentor about any upcoming questions.
  • Detailed Statement of Tasks Done
    • Studied the Discourse codebase as well as repositories of some popular plugins such as retort, rating, etc.
    • Setup the directory structure as well as some initializers for the plugin.