Niru - Machine Learning Pathway

SELF ASSESSMENT #1:

Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills:

Technical: Learned the process of using selenium and beautiful soup for webscraping.
Tools: Slack, Github, G Suite, Asana, Selenium
Soft Skills: Collaboration with team members, professional communication through Slack in group and personal messages, communicate effectively.

Three Achievement Highlights:

1. Learned how to use Selenium and beautiful soup through help from teammates.
  2. Effectively used Slack and Zoom to collaborate with team members for extra help.
  3. Set up and learned how to use Github.

List of meetings/training attended including social team events:
Attended all team meetings (Selenium intro, progress updates) and the Github webinar. I also attended some zoom meetings hosted by my individual team (Team 7b) to get help from other members and clarify any doubts.

Goals for upcoming meetings:

1. Learn the uses of BERT
  2. Learn how to develop and build ML models

Tasks Done:
Task #1: Set up Asana, mentorchains G Suite account, Slack, and Github.
Task #1 Hurdles: Couldn’t figure out the password, sent my questions to the mentor leads, and solved the problem.
Task #2: Learn how to use Selenium and beautiful soup to successfully scrape data from the Amazon Seller’s Forum.
Task #2 Hurdles: Never worked with Selenium before, so I was really confused at first, but I asked help from my teammates and figured out the process.
Task #3: Save data into pandas dataframe table and convert it to a CSV file.
Task #3 Hurdles: Never worked with Pandas before, but after reading some articles, it was pretty easy to understand the process.

SELF ASSESSMENT #2:

Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills:

Technical: Learned about NLP and the concepts of BERT.
Tools: DistiBERT
Soft Skills: Collaboration with team members, professional communication through Slack in group and personal messages, communicate effectively.

Three Achievement Highlights:

1. Learned about basics of BERT from team meeting.
  2. Used extra resources from teammates to truly understand BERT.
  3. Learned about NLP through team meetings and webinars.

List of meetings/training attended including social team events:
Attended most team meetings and made sure to watch the recordings of meetings I was not able to attend.

Goals for upcoming meetings:
Learning the application process of DistiBERT on the collected data.

Tasks Done:
Task #1: Learned about BERT.
Task #1 Hurdles: Completely new to BERT, I asked for help from my team members who provided articles and other resources which helped a lot.