Concise overview of things that I learned
and technologies that I used
- Handlebars.js / HTML
- Command Line
- Time Management
- Technical Area
Three achievement highlights
- Installed Discourse on MacOS for development using Docker
- Completed the Ember.js tutorial by building a simple Ember app; read the Ember.js guides that are on the official Ember website
- Read the SCSS guide that is on the official Sass-lang website
Goals for the upcoming week
- Creating a simple Discourse theme and pushing it to a public GitHub repository
- Using the front-end technologies that I learned this week
Detailed statement of tasks done
- I ran into a few issues when I tried to install Discourse for development without using Docker, which was probably caused by having the wrong version of Ruby pre-installed on my Mac. Then, I decided to use Docker to avoid such problems in the future, and the installation process after that was smooth and straightforward.
- I read Ember guides as well as SCSS guides to better understand the Discourse codebase. I periodically skimmed through the codebase in order to get a better understanding of it each time.