Self Assessment for Priscilla Zhang
1. Overview of Things Learned
- By reading the research paper several times over, attending the Technical Webinars and going through the recordings on the Webinar, I now feel like I have a strong command of the biological terminology and have a better understanding of the paper.
- Learned how to code in R and use R studio
- Learned, utilized and implemented (in practice) graphs using the packages in R such as Heat maps, Volcano Plots, scatter plots and bar graphs.
- Gained a better understanding of the importance and utility of PCA
- Understand the packages and tools in Python used for bioinformatics
- Stem-Away Platform
- R & R Studio
- Jupyter Notebook to run Python
- GEO, KEGG Database
- Time Management
Balancing the workload of STEM-Away with other responsibilities while working remotely
- Peer Collaboration
- Asking questions during Webinars or meetings
Challenging myself to focus, engage in and participate during all meetings.
- Reaching out to Project and Team Leads with any questions and concerns
- Professional Online Etiquette
- Professional Communication Etiquette
2. Three achievement highlights
- I am comfortable discussing the content of the research paper with others
- Learned how to code in R and utilize its various packages to create plots. Comfortable interpreting the plots.
- Completed the all the Python exercises. Still working on the R exercises!
3. Meetings Attended
- Technical Webinar #1, #2, #3
- Team 4 First Official Meeting
- R Training Workshop #1, #2
- Team 4 Meeting
- Logistical Webinar
- Welcome Session on Leadership & Program Management by Stephanie & Katie
- Gene Team Meeting
- Asana Training
4. Goals for the upcoming week.
- Start to gain a better understanding of the figures in the research paper. Message Team Leads with any question.
- Continue to practice with R. Finish the exercises given to us for practice.
- Meet with my small team and begin our tasks
- Attend Happy Hour & become more acquainted with my teammates
- Play around with Asana to become more familiar with the platform
5. Request Change of Role
I would like to change from a Participant to a Task Lead!